Create a porfolio of 8 projects completed throughout the semester as well as include a personalized logo and display them together on a neutral background.
Process and Project Corrections:
I began this process by finding a photo of a background that I thought would be neutral and look good with all of my projects. I then created a personalized logo that would look good on that background. I then went on to make changes to previous projects and display them as a portfolio on that background. Many of the projects I completed this semester needed a little TLC. Here is a list of the changes that were made and to which projects:
- Website Mockup – I was told the blue background would look better lightened up so I made that change.
- Montage – I enlarged the picture of Christ and blended it more cohesively with the photo of the girl. I also enlarged the text and brought it in closer as I was given the critique that the text looked floating. After I made the change I felt it really looked much better.
- Infographics – I changed the color of the background to fit better into the color scheme of this project. I made changed in that same color of blue to the graphics that had the lighter blue before.
- Business Identity – I changed the alignment of the the logo to be more aligned to the logo on both the letterhead as well as the business cards. I changed the opacity of the logo on the business card to be the same as on the letterhead. I changed the colors each slightly on the logo, business cards and letterhead to be the right shades for the color scheme using. I also aligned the colored rectangles on the bottom of the letterhead and business cards to be more uniformed and finally I changed the text color to match the color of the raindrops in the logo.
- Prezi Presentation – I changed the colors in the circles to and coloring in the slides to be a more unified color theme. Changed the fonts of the subtitles.
- Photo Design – I moved the black rectangles to be on each side of the red rectangle so they did not look unattached and I changed the font to make sure I had contrasting but complimentary typography.
The changes to the projects took about 4 hours. Once the changes had been made and I displayed them on my background, I added a title page, table of contents and contact information. I then took my project to be printed on heavy paper and displayed them in a clear cover portfolio book. The video at the bottom of this post will display that portfolio.
I met with Shauna Watts to look over the portfolio as well as my husband Josh. Shauna suggested I move the placement of my contact information and make it larger and I made that correction.
Facebook critiques: Ryan Montgomery and Ronnie Stanley.
One on One Critique: Shauna Watts and Josh Coates
Instructor Critique: Bro. Stucki liked the background and thought it was a nice nuetral background picture. He suggested I work on the alignment using kerning and leading and I spent quite a bit of time trying to perfect that in each of my project descriptions.
To display an overall example of what I have learned over this semester in Design Principles and Adobe products.
All who are interested in design and different projects that can be done using Adobe products.
Top Things Learned:
I learned so much this semester but I learned that as I looked back at my projects I could see how much I have improved from the beginning and that was surprising to me. As I made corrections it took far less time to make changes now as it did earlier in the semester as I was familiar with how to use some of the tools in the Adobe Software. I am grateful for all I have learned in just a few months.
Color Scheme and Color Names:
Monocromatic// Brown and Beige
Title Font Name and Category:
Lucinda Bright // Serif
Copy Font Name and Category:
Filson soft medium// Sans Serif